Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unnatural Helpers

I was recently invited to play guitar in my friend Dean's band, Unnatural Helpers. I've liked the band for a really long time, and so take the invitation as a huge, exciting compliment. Later this week we're playing at NoisePop, a music and arts festival in San Francisco. We had to take a photo for the festival's website, and ended up choosing the one that was least flattering for everyone:


(L to R: me, Brian Standeford, Dean Whitmore, and Kimberly Morrison)

Of course, Brian and I have played together in several bands: the Catheters, Tall Birds, and currently , Idle Times (in which Dean also plays drums). Kimberly has also been in about a million Seattle bands. Most notably, her most recent project the Dutchess and the Duke has been getting more and more popular on a national level.

1 comment:

sebastiano/sardinya/Italy said...

Hay man, I've stumbled across your last work. You made my next three months. I LLLOVE it. You guys play and enjoy yourselves like most of bands in the fucking planet would.All squares in this punching 29 minutes bombing shell that smells of classic.